A condition in which a couple has problems in conceiving, or getting pregenant, even after one year of regular sexual intercourse without using ant birth control measures.
It can be divided basically into
1) Male infertility
2) Female Infertility
1) Causes of Infertility according to Ayurveda.
2) Ayurvedic Management of Infertility.
3) Common Ayurvedic Medicinal combination (Infertility mangement).
· Bijopatapa (Chromosomal)
· Sukra dosha (Defects of semen/Sperm)
· Klaibya (Impotence)
Ayurvedic Mangement of male infertility
It is treated mainly by panchakarma procdure, which is having 3 steps
a) Purva karma(Preliminary procedure)
1) Deepana/Pachana (Regularising Digestive system)
2) Snehapana (Internal Therapeutic Oleation)
3) Swedana (Therapeutic Sudation/Fomenation)
b) Pradhana karma (Panchakarma)
1) Vamana (Therapeutic Emesis)
2) Virechana (Therapeutic Purgation)
3) Nasya (Nasal Administration)
4) Vasthi (Therapeutic Enema)
5) Rakthamoksha (Therapeutic Blood Letting)
c) Paschad karma (After Treatment)
Vajikarana (Specific Infertility Management)
Common Medicine Used
Defects of the following,
Ayurvedic Mangement of female infertility
1) Sodhana (Purification Therapy like Pnchakarma)
2) Samana (Using Specific Medicines)
Common Medicines Used
1) Sukumaram Ghrutha
2) Phala Sarpis